How much hurt to give birth? What kind of pain is it? Is it unbearable? What does it depend? We resolve all doubts about childbirth. The physiological pain of childbirth varies from woman to woman and birth in childbirth, but the pain of childbirth is on average more intense as indicated in our time and in our latitudes, perhaps because the medicalization of childbirth does not facilitate the understanding of its mechanisms.
When you are about to reach the time of delivery, never missing last minute doubts: Forgot all indications that you have provided? Do not worry, because it happens to all! Let’s try to approach this time, as well as answer questions from childbirth preparation, through a mini-guide, which should always have on hand.
Perception of labor pain is very subjective and, not surprisingly, each woman differently describes the suffering experienced when giving birth to her son.
• What makes the pain of childbirth for other types of pain? First, its rhythm, since it is characterized by continuous contractions and expansions, malaise and wellness, accelerations and slowdowns. This rhythm serves to foster the gradual adaptation of the mom and the child to the work of labor and, therefore, to the intensification of pain.
• The pain peaks alternate with pauses absence of suffering and the body of the mother produces endorphins and enkephalins, substances that inhibit pain and let stand more strength and courage.
• The origin of the pain of labor is the stretching of the cervix, which shrinks and expands to favor the passage of the fetus, creating the so-called channel delivery.
• Ligaments of the uterus undergo a stretch, while the joints of the pelvis and nerve roots of the lumbosacral area are compressed.
• In the period of expulsion, however, the pain is due to swelling, stretching and distension of the perineum and vulva, and its intensity is proportional to the contraction of these parts.