Why alterations in sleep rhythm in a pregnant?
Sleep disorders are very common during pregnancy, occurring particularly in the last stages of pregnancy, these problems usually manifest as:
In addition, a woman prior to pregnancy suffered no alteration of this kind, it is not excluded to suffer this problem because almost 100% of the women end up presenting a greater or lesser extent.
The following physical and mental states can cause these changes:
* Insomnia (inability to fall asleep or waking too early)
* Restless sleep (multiple nighttime awakenings).
What can a woman do to sleep disorders in pregnancy?
Analyze point by point the possible causes mentioned above.
Mobility: Mobility is often a problem that increases as he gets older baby’s size, there are women who wear satin or satin sheets (both sides) because apparently helps them glide better bed.
Urinary frequency: increased frequency of urination, which in medical terms is called frequency, is normal in pregnancy and intractable as it is produced by the pressure exerted by the weight of the uterus and the fetus on bladder, thereby decreasing the capacity of the same. Pregnant women must avoid drinking late at night or drinking beverages that contain caffeine, such as tea, coffee and most soft drinks, as they stimulate the kidneys, increasing the amount of urine and, moreover, adds the exciting action of this substance.
Heartbeats: the pregnant woman may notice more intensely your own heartbeat, especially if you are in a situation of anemia, because the heart has to work harder to carry enough oxygen throughout your body. This sign should be discussed with your obstetrician to rule on whether it is necessary to add vitamin supplements or minerals.
Leisure: the best position to rest when you are pregnant is to lie on your side with your knees bent, in this way; the large veins are released from the excessive weight of the uterus, thus avoiding the aforementioned dizziness.
Measures that can help relieve back pain, which is usually higher at the end of the day and especially in bed, there are:
Cramps: if you have leg cramps, foot pressing hard against the wall or stand on the numb leg will help relieve the discomfort. In some cases these cramps may be related to deficits calcium in the diet, so milk products should be added to it. On the psychological aspect of sleep problems in pregnancy, it is advisable to discuss your concerns with your obstetrician, as this will enhance their safety and welfare; it finally has come to childbirth preparation classes.
* Using comfortable shoes with medium heel.
* Using comfortable to sit, placing cushions or pillows in the lumbar portion of the spine chairs.
* Use of a hard mattress, for a more comfortable posture you can lie on your side with the belly resting on a pillow and placing another between the legs.
* Seek to avoid weight lifting from the ground, we must stoop, bend the knees and hips, taking up the object and stretching his legs, preventing bending of the spine.
* The local heat, by applying a hot shower or a heating pad can relieve discomfort, if you feel comfortable; you can use an abdominal binder.
* It is advisable to perform exercises to strengthen the muscles of the abdomen and back.
Should I take sleeping pills?
The pregnant should not take any medication for sleep because they can produce deleterious effects on the fetus. Think that if only you can not sleep, is not dangerous as long as you do not run out.
Among the many activities that help you fall asleep are: reading a book, listening to music, sewing, surfing the Internet, writing letters, watching TV, taking a bath … After doing something nice is much easier to fall asleep. It is preferable to get out of bed and do something relaxing just before lying down to sleep to wait, because this situation creates great anxiety.