What we eat, when and in what quantity is crucial to maintain an adequate level of energy during pregnancy, and at the same time, contribute to the proper development of the baby, protecting the health of mother and child. The power in these nine months becomes the best tool to provide the small of the most appropriate environment to grow.
What you need to know about nutrition during pregnancy:
1. Prioritize consumption of fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains (preferably whole grain), and moderates consumption of meat, eggs and dairy.
2. Copyright five light meals to improve digestion. Remember you do not need to eat for two: pour yourself the same amounts to which you are accustomed.
3. Drink lots of water and do not consume alcoholic beverages. Remember that beer ‘no’ still contains small amounts of alcohol.
4. Takes five portions of fruit and vegetables a day. If you’re going to eat it raw, be sure to wash it well with water.
5. Modera the salt intake to 6 grams a day (one teaspoon) and decantation, if you can, iodized salt.
6. Eat fish twice a week, but avoid swordfish, tuna and emperor for their high mercury content. Also ignores the smoked fish.
7. Opt for skimmed milk and avoid cheeses made with raw milk to prevent a possible poisoning by wisteria, a toxic microorganism for the baby.
8. Sure that meat and poultry are cooked sufficiently to avoid toxoplasmosis. It also removes the pate shopping list.
9. Pays special attention to the expiration dates of packages that require refrigeration, and do not eat anything that has passed or which appears to be in good condition.
10. Avoid eating animal foods raw, like sushi or pickled anchovies, conscience and clean surfaces and utensils after use.