One feature of pregnancy is triggering a lot of symptoms associated with the physical and hormonal changes that occur during the period of gestation of your baby. These symptoms vary in frequency and intensity from patient to patient, however, there are general steps you can take to prevent, reduce or relieve these symptoms, so make your pregnancy much more enjoyable.
One of the most common pregnancy symptoms is headache. Generally, this symptom occurs during the first trimester of pregnancy, especially in patients who suffer from headaches regularly.
How to prevent headaches?
First of all, you should know that you can not take any medication against any symptom or health problem that is present during pregnancy without your doctor’s approval.
To prevent headaches naturally, must take into Consider the following tips:
• If the doctor approves, do prenatal exercise regularly. For more information on physical activity in pregnancy, visit http://www.embarazada.com/articulo/ejercicios-para-un-embarazo-sano
• They should take a pregnancy journal in which note the activities and the foods you eat, so make it easier to identify what triggers the headaches.
• You must create a sleep routine in which enough rest. You must remember that it is very common to suffer from fatigue during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester, so getting enough rest is essential to prevent the headache.
• One of the factors that often cause headaches more often is stress. Therefore, to identify activities that help you relax, and talk with friends and family to drain any tension or fear you may feel about your current situation.
• Stay well hydrated. Drink plenty of water during pregnancy will help you feel better and prevent and / or alleviate many symptoms related to pregnancy.
• Enroll in prenatal classes will be very helpful to prevent or relieve headache, as it will teach you relaxation techniques and respiration.
What do if you have a headache?
In case you suffer from a headache, we recommend:
• Relax in your bed and acquire a comfortable position
• Ensure that the room is quiet and peaceful so that it is easier to relax
• Apply compresses on her face
• Ask your partner, family member or close friend to make a soft and gentle shoulder massage
What if you do not find relief?
In such case you try these natural measures and will not serve to help reduce or relieve headaches in pregnancy, visit your doctor to recommend the right treatment for a pregnant woman.