The calcium is a mineral that forms the teeth and bones of our body and helps certain body functions, such as muscle contraction and heart activity. Therefore, it is the most abundant mineral in our body . I made remarks that the amount present in the blood must be constant to ensure a healthy and strong skeleton.
Therefore it is necessary to take foods rich in calcium and especially in pregnant women. Here we tell you how to take calcium during pregnancy .
- During the third trimester fetal bone absorb approximately 200-250 mg of calcium daily. So if the pregnant woman does not consume foods rich in calcium.
- It should be well hydrated and rink plenty of bottled water . Since there are water containing up to 250 milligrams of calcium per liter of water. Just read the label on the bottle and see how rich is calcium.
- Should eat foods rich in calcium daily, such as calcium from milk and its derivatives such as yogurt or cheese. But you should know that cheese contains a lot of fat, so you should not abuse lot from him.
- Besides dairy products, you can also obtain the mineral calcium from vegetables such as spinach, cabbage or lettuce; or also legumes, nuts and seafood.
- You need to do physical activity , because the movement of the body stimulates the renewal of the bones and strengthens. Therefore we recommend to walk daily to have a healthy pregnancy .
- To read more articles like how to take calcium during pregnancy , we recommend you enter our category of Pregnancy or subscribe to our newsletter .
- Mineral water.
- Milk and milk products.
- Vegetables: lettuce, spinach, etc.
- But it is not only important to eat foods rich in calcium, it is also necessary to create good conditions for our body to assimilate the mineral and use it in the best way possible. Therefore it is necessary that you avoid taking dairy products or calcium-rich whole grains because they contain folic acid and what it does is reduce mineral absorption in the intestine.
- You also need adequate levels of vitamin D in the body, because it facilitates the absorption of calcium.
- Be especially careful precooked foods because they contain additives called poly phosphates also hinder the absorption of calcium.